Thursday, 3 July 2014

Science Fair Reflection

During this investigation, one of the challenges I met was that the participants began to unscramble the words rather than read them, so, instead of timing chronologically, I could have used a time limit. It would also eliminate time from the dependent variable, leaving less measurement required.
I overcame this obstacle by telling them to skim over it lightly rather than focusing in depth, and making sure that they carried that out.
An extension of this investigation would then be to begin more detailed tests that will aid you to actually figure out the patterns and letters that affect your brain the most.
This could help us in real life situations as we could develop strategies that ensure swift but precise reading, especially for long, time-consuming texts. Knowing our limitations opens up much more to explore, as we can then begin experimenting on other aspects of our brain.
Within the time frame given, I am satisfied with my effort and result, but I still think that I have room to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment